PAGES

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm back & Liebster Award!


I'm back y'all! It has been an awful week without internet and I have missed everyone like crazy. I am nearly unpacked - and I have to be done by Friday morning as the junk company is coming to remove all my stuff - but I had to take a break to finally get to my Liebster award post!

For those of you who aren't award, the Liebster Award is an award that is given from a blogger to another blogger, starters who have under 200 followers. Thanks so much to Desire for nominating me! I am so excited to pay this forward. It was so hard choosing only 11 bloggers!

Here are the rules:
-You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.
-You must list 11 facts about yourself.
-You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
-You must nominate another 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
-You must not nominate the blogger who chose you.
-You must let your 11 nominees know that they've been nominated and link them to your post about this award.

So here we go!

11 Facts About Me:
01) I am turning 25 tomorrow. Ack, a quarter of a century!
02) My all-time favorite perfume is Issey Miyake's Pleats Please. I wear it almost every single day, even if I'm not going out.
03) I have the largest pen and stationery collection of anybody that I know. It's kind of sad really but I get pulled in by the allure of well-designed notebooks and notepads. Oops.
04) It was my dream to have a house full of IKEA furniture for the longest time but now that it's happened to me I just want furniture that comes assembled already!
05) I am a Master's student in Art History and I'm going to be applying to do my PhD in the fall. This makes me nervous as it will require a necessary five-year minimum move away from my family unless I want to write a 400-page dissertation in French, which I do not.
06) I have a purse problem. I think I have close to 20 at this point and I literally just ordered another one off of Nasty Gal. To be fair, I got a lot of them off of LBB (R.I.P.). The only designer purse I've paid retail for is my Michael Kors Saffiano Tote. It's my splurge and present to myself for finishing a year of grad school.
07) I recently got back from vacationing in Paris and now I need to figure out what my next 'major' spot is because I assumed I'd never get to France and never bothered to dream beyond that.
08) I can speak four languages (English, French, Portuguese, Spanish).
09) I really enjoy intelligent television (ie: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver) and documentaries.
10) My favorite film of all time is L'Année Derniere à Marienbad. I could watch it every single day.
11) I am Canadian, but I spell nearly all words the American way. This is an icky habit and my computer tells me so all the time.

Questions for Me:
01) What is one thing on your bucket list? I want to write my own cookbook, as I really like to be in the kitchen, even though you'd not necessarily think that after the last year.
02) What is your go-to snack/drink at a coffee shop? Usually a tea of some sort. I'm partial to fruity teas or black teas.
03) What is a fashion staple in your wardrobe? Spaghetti-string tops. They are the perfect fashion item to have because they are so versatile. You can dress them up literally any way and they're easy to accessorize. I have one in almost every color.
04) What is your favourite quote? "Don't act like you've arrived when you're just receiving the invitation."  - Sophia Amoruso
05) Would you rather lose your sight or lose your sense of touch? Sense of touch. I'm an Art Historian, my life is my eyes. I could only work on sound art at that point and I don't really want to do that.
06) What is one of your holy grail makeup/skincare products? For makeup, I'd say Forever21 makeup wipes. This sounds stupid, I know - how could Forever21 possibly be my holy grail anything but the makeup wipes are perfect. I use them to get the majority of my makeup off, including my eye makeup and mascara. You don't need to buy a really expensive eye makeup remover, these don't sting and they work wonderfully. As for skincare, I would say my Indie Lee blemish stick. It's helped my breakouts from swelling, which they tend to do and I think it's been helping keep any new ones from popping up - I don't really think you're supposed to use it all over your face but I do, so... whoops.
07) What's your favourite accessory? Purses, definitely. Purses are my weakness and I think that they can just make a whole outfit or break it.
08) Which store do you shop the most at? Probably Zara and H&M because I like pieces that are kind of 'staple' pieces. You know, classy yet not super expensive. I sometimes do casual for school but most of the time I like to keep a business-friendly wardrobe without overdoing it. I probably look like I belong in the Business faculty but whatever. I look too fabulous to care.
09) What landmark or attraction would you recommend a tourist to visit? I am assuming that this means in my city and not in general... I find this really difficult to answer because you're never a tourist in your own city you know? Probably La Ronde or the Botanical Gardens.
10) Condo or townhouse? Condo. But one with a nice view. I find townhouses too scrunched together and I feel like I can tell that I'm surrounded by other people whereas a condo is more private.
11) What's your favourite kind of flower? I'm not a big flower girl, really, but I really like Irises and Lilies!

Questions for You:
01) Why did you start a blog?
02) If you could be BFFs with any famous person, who would you pick and why?
03) How do you keep your beauty products stored (ie: boxes, drawers, etc.)?
04) What kind of phone do you have?
05) What is one of your pet peeves?
06) If you could travel back to any time period, when would you travel to?
07) What are your go-to beauty products if you're in a rush?
08) Describe your ideal first date.
09) You have an unlimited budget to buy a fashion accessory but you can only buy the one. What do you buy?
10) Do you subscribe to any magazines? If so, which ones?
11) Who is your favorite artist?

Nominations:
01) Orly, http://coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com
02) Jenna Rue, http://sparklykid.blogspot.ca
03) Taylor, http://tayloryates.wordpress.com
04) Sacha, http://girlinthetrilbyhat.blogspot.ca
05) Liz, http://passportpacked.com
06) Rubi, http://www.whenlifegivesyourubi.com
07) Emily, http://shesgotclassandsass.blogspot.ca
08) Corbin, http://www.classysouthblog.com
09) Esme, http://esmeburr.blogspot.ca
10) Elle, http://notesofpetranella.blogspot.co.uk
11) Sara, http://www.simplysara.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. H&M is my go to place for when I need something that looks nice but doesn't empty my bank account. I bought at least half of my wok clothes there, and thank you for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete