PAGES

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Favorites


Woo! A favorites post done on time! The world must be ending or something. I actually haven't spent a lot of time with makeup on my face this month, so it's a small month for favorites, but here we go nonetheless!


First up is this Jo Malone fragrance. I'd been dying to try some of their products and picked this up at Galeries Lafayette in Paris, along with the Peony and Blush Suede Body Creme. The way that you're supposed to use Jo Malone products is to layer the cologne over the body cream/lotion, but I like it just as is. Such a bright and fresh smelling scent. You will fall in love with the nice fruity citrus scent and the slight mix of honey in this I've worn it every day for two weeks now.


Honestly, if you've seen me at all this month, I've probably had this on my lips. It's from L'Oreal Paris' Limited Edition Collection Privée in shade 610, Eva's Nude. I. Love. This. Color. Honestly, I might have to go back to the drugstore and pick up a few more tubes because this has become my new color. It's slightly darker than my natural lip color and it feels so creamy and luscious on the lips.

I might be the last person on earth to come to this realization but a shadow primer makes all the difference. And of course, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is a quick favorite for me. My eyeshadow used to crease so badly and with this, you can't even tell at the end of the day that I applied my eyeshadow ten hours ago. So worth the money!


This eyeshadow quad from H&M really surprised me. I bought a bunch of makeup from them because we either don't have it here or I literally don't know where to find H&M makeup in my local H&M. This cost me under six Euros and has been a fast favorite for me. I use the light nude shimmer shade (as you can see it basically matches my skin tone once swatched) as a base over my whole eye from root of the lashes up to the eyebrow, and then I layer the gold shimmer on my whole lid. I use the darkest shimmer in the crease and outwards. The matte brown (which looks orange for some reason in the photo) has become my new perfect brow color.


I wasn't sure about this product when I first got it last month, but now that I've been using it for longer I have definitely noticed a difference in my blemishes. It takes a few days for them to heal, but they definitely don't grow once they've popped out and this helps reduce my redness. I use the Indie Lee Blemish Stick twice a day, and I just apply to the spots where I need it. It's also great for back and chest acne.


Sometimes I just don't like to wear lipstick in the summer. Sue me. In that case, I always go to the Benefit Coralista gloss. It's not sticky at all, which is my number one requirement in lip glosses, and it makes your lips feel super smooth. It also has good staying power and doesn't dry out my lips.


My last product is also from H&M, their compact powder in Ivory Mist. Now, this isn't going to work for under your eyes, but if you're looking for a light coverage powder that keeps your foundation locked in place, this is my new go-to and I even prefer it over the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I think, which has been my favorite literally since I discovered it.

6 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so many good things about the Jo Malone fragrances! I love anything floral, fruity, or sweet, so I really have to go check them out. Also, if you don't like wearing lipstick all the time in the summer, and you like Benefit lip products, you should really check out Benefit's new Posiebalm. I just got it in my Birchbox this month, and I love it! It gives you a little tint, and the feeling is amazing on the lips. Very moisturizing and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Their scents are great. I will definitely try out the Poisebalm thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. You've made me so tempted to buy a Jo Malone fragrance! And that quad from H&M looks lovely!

    www.lagerfeld-love.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lo'real lipstick looks soooo pretty, I'm so in love with the packaging! And I really want to try the UD eye lid primer, I love the fact that it's called a potion aaha that makes me want to buy it even more

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Coralista lipstick looks great!

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the neautral lipstick I think I'm gonna have to give that one a try. Didn't know h&m did makeup either, maybe the one beside me is just too small. Lol. Great blog with such clear images. Can I ask what u use to edit your top photo? As in for the font and shapes? Thanks

    Xo
    Simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete