PAGES

Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: July Ipsy Bag


I've been ordering the Ipsy Glam Bag for about three months now and the last two, I'd been disappointed. It wasn't that my products were bad or anything - I loved the Nyx gloss that they sent me, but a lot of the other things were either tiny or just not what I would usually use. This month, however, I was so happy with my bag! The pouch for this month wasn't quite my style and I'll likely end up throwing it out, but the products themselves are great.

First up: This bronzer from Pop beauty. I love that it's got some shimmer to it because that's perfect for the summer to make your skin look nice and glowy. The color is a nice brown-orange and it's a pretty decent size. I've yet to try it, but it looks promising so far, and if I do end up liking it, this will probably last me for a while! Full sized products, yay!

When I saw this, I got a little overly excited. This is the new BareMinerals eyeshadow duo, mine is in the colors muse (l) and passion (r). When I flipped over the packaging it made it look like a purpleish color so when I opened the actual package and saw what the colors were, I was stoked. A few years ago, I was obsessed with the Estée Lauder duo palette in Raisin - so much so that I went through it all. I was never able to find it again, I think because it was limited edition, and while there are palettes that have come close, they've never been quite the right color. I think that this is the closest that I've come so far and I am so over the moon and excited to try this!

I'm not nuts about the packaging on this product, but I like that Ipsy obviously thought about the fact that it's summer and that they should consider products with SPF. I only use BB cremes when my skin is doing alright, and summer is generally not a good time for my skin, so I probably won't use this until September-October, but it looks to be promising from the bit that I squeezed onto my hand.

I've never used Pixi products but I love things that remind me of Clinique's chubby sticks and this definitely fits the bill! It's a nice corally pink and it doesn't look like it'll be too dark, so I'm curious to see how this actually goes on.

I've definitely gotten something from Pur-Lisse before and I feel like it might have been this exact product. With the built in SPF, this seems like the perfect under product for makeup, as it can keep your skin protected from the sun while also helping to moisturize, two of the most important things to consider in the summer.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this month's products and I can't wait to use them all! 

Don't forget to enter my giveaway with The Red Bow, and keep checking in! I'll be blogging from Paris every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment