PAGES

Monday, July 7, 2014

June Favorites!

Hello! Apologies that this post is coming late. I've run into some health issues over the last week or so and then I wanted to post this last night but the internet at my hotel wasn't working. Boo. Here is my much-awaited June favorites post, yay! I have a lot of products this month and a lot of photos of products this month, so make sure to look under the jump!


From bottom left to right:

1. Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial, $45.00 from Sephora. I've loved this product for a long time, but I've recently rediscovered it and started loving it again. My skin's been going through some issues lately - I think it's summer combined with stress - and so I'm willing to try just about anything to get me through my days right now. This product is great. You leave it on your face for 5-10 minutes after cleansing and then you scrub in the beads and you get a nice, clean feeling when all is said and done.

2. Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder, $44.00 from Sephora. For a long time, I really did not like this powder. I found that it just sat on my skin weirdly. Then I started using the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation (which I would have featured here, too, but the foundation that I chose just slightly beat that one out for reasons I'll talk about below) and it just made my skin so oil-free for the whole day that I couldn't turn back. I'm sorry, Rimmel powder!

3. Marcelle DD Creme, $25.00, local drugstores. I don't know if they have Marcelle everywhere or if it's a Quebec-based brand, so sorry if you can't get this outside of Quebec! The DD creme can be used on its own if you're having a good skin day, or with a BB creme on a bad day. It's a nice, lightweight cream that you apply to your face. It's basically tint free, so it can be used on any skin type. It has SPF 25, so it's a great base and a lovely way to keep your skin free of the sun's rays during the day without using something as heavy feeling as sunscreen!

4. Essie polish in Mint Candy Apple, $10.00, local drugstores. I featured this last month too, but... I'm still loving it. I know, I know, it's bad to repeat favorites, but if I'm still loving it, then it's gonna be in here two months in a row! Oops! 

5. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, $41.00, Sephora. Like I said above, I almost put in the Laura Mercier foundation here but this one edged it out just by a bit. What I like about this foundation is that it feels so light on your skin but it covers absolutely amazingly. Even when I have redmarks on my skin, I don't really have to add concealer over it because this just covers everything up, and I'm all about efficiency and minimizing the number of products on my face. The full-coverage formula feels like it's lightweight and almost like a tinted moisturizer, but it's got the rigour to stand up to the best of them. It never creases, and one pump of it is enough so it will last a really long time.

6. Marc Anthony Beach Waves Beach Spray. I got this in my Ipsy glam box for the month and I've been loving it. Basically what I do is when my hair is wet, I spray a few pumps of this into my hair from root to tip and I gently scrunch my hair so that it gets some natural volume to it and this just helps it along! I don't know what the full price is, though I imagine it can be purchased at the drug store.

7. Stila eye palette, limited edition. I can't find this on Sephora's site anymore so I think it's no longer available, regrettably. I used to use this palette every single day, but then I started using other products and kind of fell out of love with this one, as is the way that things go! But I was cleaning out my makeup drawer to get ready for another post and I stumbled upon this one and it was like hitting a goldmine, I've been using it all month. I really love reddish-brownish shimmer shadows, so this definitely played into my loves. It lasts really well, even without a primer, and it's the perfect size for your purse!

Thanks for reading! I have some non-beauty favorites as well as individual photos of the products under the cut for you!











My non-beauty favorites!


1. Sharpie highlighter set. I don't really know what happened to the other highlighters in this pack, I'll be honest, but I've been looooving these lately! They are absolutely great and the variety of colors means that I can do things like "super important in dark blue, additional info maybe in a footnote in normal blue" and that's great.

2. The Intern's Handbook by Shane Kuhn. I don't read a lot of fiction, but I do watch a lot of Dave Franco movies. When I found out that he was cast as the lead in the movie adaptation and I saw that the cover looked super cool, I became a slave to capitalism and went right out and bought it. I was not disappointed! A fun, intense read.

3. Le Petit Prince sticky notes! Listen, I hate studying as much as the next girl, so if I can possibly make my life a bit more interesting in any way, shape, or form, I'm gonna do it. So when I saw these adorable stickies, I bought them! I think they were about 8$ at the local bookstore and they come with about ten different notepads al with a motif about the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment