PAGES

Monday, July 28, 2014

Style Icon: Dianna Agron


I don't have a specific celebrity that I model my wardrobe after or a particular 'look' that I go for in my own wardrobe, but if I had to peg my style down and say who it most closely resembles, I would go with this lovely lady: Miss Dianna Agron. Dianna doesn't always get it right on the carpet - in fact, it would probably be fair to say that she gets it wrong about 50% of the time when she lets stylists near her - but when she gets it right, damn does this girl get it right.

Dianna's style strength, in my opinion, is her fearlessness with patterns and bold colors. Not every celebrity can pull off a bright jeweled skirt or a landscape-print dress, but Dianna can. What works for Dianna is that she leaves the drama to her clothing and not to her face, in general. She keeps her makeup fairly neutral, just occasionally giving a little pop of color, like in the photo on the left where she has that bright pink lip. And that works for her. In general, I think that her team errs when they try to make her makeup overly dramatic and  slick back her hair. Dianna is someone who looks best when you let the clothes shine and keep her makeup and hair simple, as you can see here. 

I blame her faults mostly on her team because when Dianna has a chance to dress herself in her everyday life, she generally makes her style look effortless, and that is ultimately what I think we are all going for. She often wears accessible brands that you could go out and pick up after a day of work if you wanted to and she is very much the 'girl next door' of Hollywood style.


Dianna's style tends to veer mostly towards the girlie dresses that come in at her waist and flare outwards on the hips, giving her a slender figure and accentuating the tiniest part of her, which is always a smart choice. She regularly pairs her dresses with heels that are smart but not ostentatious. The dress is always the star of her outfit, and her makeup is always kept simple. In the winter, she tends to layer a bit more, as you can see on the left, but she has a keen sense of awareness about how pieces go together. Dianna is a big fan of accessories and has an extensive sunglasses and purse collection. Almost every outfit is paired with something different but effortlessly chic. My own fashion sense is definitely pretty similar to Dianna's everyday look. A girlie dress paired with a lovely shoe and a great bag is all you really need. Jazz an outfit up with a few carefully selected accessories and you are truly in business.







1 comment:

  1. I love Dianna Agron!! She's my fav Hollywood star!!

    ReplyDelete