PAGES

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Confessional: Summer Skin Woes

I hate the months of May and June. As a Montrealer, not only does this mean unpredictable weather (seriously - it will rain cats and dogs one day and then be 27 degrees the next), but it means changes in my skin that I haven't quite figured out how to navigate.

This is what I look like with no makeup on whatsoever. As you can see, my skin is kind of blotchy and blahish at the moment. Not ideal skin by anyone's standards. Two months ago, in the lovely month of April, my skin was flawless. Now, I am having crazy acne problems, and I can't seem to figure out how to right it. Well, aside from the cover-up of make up of course.


See? Much better now! But still not perfect. You can still see all the bumps and blemishes, but at lest they aren't red or brown, you know? I'd just rather not have to deal with any of that. Your skin obviously changes a bit with every season, and you need to tailor your skin care to match, but I'm just not sure what new products to try and am turning to you for recommendations.

I have combination skin, and my skin tends to adapt to products quite easily so I have to change up my routine a lot. My current everyday consists of the following:
  • Step one: I clean off my face with a makeup wipe, just to get some of the grime and guck that has built up overnight out of my pores.
  • Step two: Wash with Kate Somerville DTOX Cleanser
  • Step three: Toner from Kate Somerville
  • Step four: I apply a small amount of Bliss' Triple Oxygen & C Energizing Cream
  • Step five: I moisturize using a Clinique moisturizer.
I also exfoliate twice a week using either Seacret peeling gel or Clinique's exfoliating cream.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - the weather plays havoc with mine, get so many dry patches! Hopefully it will settle down soon :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Jasmin! Good to know that it's not just me! I am trying some new products from Lush and so we'll see how that goes. Hoping the hand made care will go a long way!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love that lip color on you :)


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete