PAGES

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Stylish Sundays: Poketo


First of all, oh my gosh... I had set this to schedule on Sunday... in a year from now, and I just noticed today. Whoops! So here we go, on a Wednesday, we have a belated Stylish Sunday.

I should probably mention that I am never paid (neither in cash nor freebies) to endorse my Stylish Sunday picks. These are just online shops that I really love and I think that everyone should know and should check out.

Today's Stylish Sundays shop is Poketo. The online version of a small LA shop that I love, Poketo is a must-browse for anyone who loves stylish home decor, stationery, and jewelry. Poketo carries everything that I love, basically. If they started carrying makeup, I would be set. Poketo for life.

I should probably preface this review by saying that I am embarrassingly snobbish about my stationery and I have a whole drawer full of notebooks and agendas, etc. There are no Hilroy notebooks in my life. I just find myself a heck of a lot more motivated to work if I love my stationery, and as a Master's student, finding little ways to want to work is crucial. If you want me to do a vlog of my stationery drawer, comment below! I have some cool stuff. Poketo has the type of stationery that I'm really partial to. As an Art History student, I want to walk around with a notebook and agenda that are well designed, not your stock, run-of-the-mill product. I do carry around some Moleskins because they are a mandatory part of the hipster look, but I much prefer quirky stationery. I currently own the Stick Up Monthly Calendar and my agenda for the year is one that I purchased last year from them specifically to use this year, I was just waiting for my old one to run out.

Poketo's products aren't cheap by anyone's estimation - if you have one of those moms who never bought you brand name stuff as a kid, don't show her this website, she'll have a heart attack, but if you care about design, then this is probably the spot for you.

When I'm not buying my stationery, I mainly use Poketo for furnishing either my own home or for gifts for friends. The 'living' tab always has quirky stuff that you can't really find just by going to local shops. I love accessorizing my home with small items from Poketo - my friends always ask me about what's in my house and more often than not, it's a Poketo item that they're eyeing.

The website itself is also incredibly no frills in the best way possible. It's minimalist design supports the products that it sells perfectly. There are no bells and whistles, it's just straight up good design and  visually pleasing. Perhaps I'm a bit biased as an Art Historian, since my life is seeped in the visual, but I am a sucker for a well-designed website.

The best part about Poketo is that they ship internationally, and if you're lucky enough to live in the US, any order over 100$ is shipped to you for free! Pretty sweet, right? Have you ever bought anything from Poketo? If so, let me know! Comment below with your dream items from the shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment